Sunday, November 2, 2008

BOO to you!

OK, OK, I know I have been a bad blogger lately, but it seems like the past few weeks have been really full. First Chief was sick for a whole week. That was not fun. Then this and that just kind of took over our lives and before I knew it over two weeks had passed without a word from us! I know you have been missing us, and I apologize ;p

Now that the excuses have been meted out, it's time for the good stuff.....


Mama and her garbage man

Happy Halloween!!!!

This year my darling son wanted to be a garbage man for Halloween! (Those of you who have heard this before stop rolling your eyes and bear with me.) Well, he wanted to be the actual truck, but I was able to convince him to be the man driving the truck. I asked throughout the month of October if he was sure he wanted to be a garbage man. I knew there would be a lot of work on this costume so I wanted him to be sure. I repeatedly asked if he wanted to be a superhero, a pirate, a cowboy, a monster, anything other than a garbage man. I reminded him he could dress up as anything in his imagination for Halloween. He would just look at me and say (more than once): "I'm going to be a superhero when I grow up. I'm going to be a garbage man for Halloween." So, the garbage man cometh.

The child was excited! Like really, really, really excited. He counted down the days until Halloween. He went to his friend"s Halloween party on Wednesday, had a costume parade at school on Friday, and had a sleepover on Halloween night!

The kids were freaking ADORABLE at preschool. They were all so happy to be dressed up and they put on a "show" for us parents by singing 4 songs in circle time. It was touching and sweet to see them engaged with their teachers and really being a part of a classroom.


Preschoolers on parade

All around the building and outside, too!

The Knight and the G-Man out trick or treating

We were able to trick or treat throughout the neighborhood with our good friends, the Backs, and our new neighbors as well. Happily the kids were more interested in
getting the candy than eating it. (more for us grown ups!) We did have a little pizza party after the candy carousing, and Chief's best buddy, Evan, stayed the night. For not eating much candy those two sure stayed up really late! It was a special night, so exceptions were made : )

I have to admit that I was just as excited about the night as he was. I really enjoy All Hallows Eve and costume making is a huge part of it. I have, in the past, purchased ready made costumes, and I have made some of them myself. This year I think I have out done myself in the handmade category. (toot-toot!) It was fun to make, but Papa Bear's working headlights really put it over the top in for it's coolness factor. Way to go, Papa!


The whole crew getting ready for some candy!!

The highlight of the weekend was that both G'Ma and G'Pa were able to fly up for the weekend. I will be posting on that next. I think it deserves it's own post as it is special every time they stop up to visit. So, more of that to come.

I hope everyone had a safe, fun, sugar filled Halloween! I'm already planning on my yard design for next year : )




2 comments:

~Steph said...

His costume looked great! You did a great job! (And are WAY more ambitious than I ever would be...) :)

Sara H. said...

That is the coolest garbage man costume ever! Good job.