Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Such a boy!

I'm not quite sure when it happened, but sometime within this past year my darling toddler turned into a rambunctious little boy. He loves nothing more than to run, jump, leap, and climb. We now spend at least a few minutes everyday taking all of the pillows and cushions off of the couch and creating elaborate agility courses. We run down the hall, jump over blankets, kick the football, weave through the kitchen, walk the couch frame, jump to the lounger, and finally leap into the pile of pillows. and then we do it again. And again. Well, he does it again and again. I participate some, mostly keeping a phone handy to call 911 (Heaven forbid!).


When the lure of diving into pillows wears out, he then turns to the ever popular "build a fort." He gets upset if it's not just right or the cushions fall. Who knows? Maybe I'm looking at a future architect.

Actions shot

Boy's got some good air onthis one!

The pure joy is so apparent on his face. How can I say no?

4 comments:

Sara H. said...

That looks like so much fun. When can we come over?

Let's Talk About Our Day said...

This is our favorite game too!! I've been building some pretty neat courses for my boy.
...and pillow piles
...and forts
Ugh!

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

That is literally my house every day. Totally, exactly the same. Every day and night. Any room, too. Screen porch, bedroom, living room, sunroom, doesn't matter.

Wifey said...

Forts were always my favorite game as a child. Good for you for letting him make a mess.