Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008


Merry Christmas Eve 2008


It may have been the fact that we finally have a house big enough to host a holiday event or maybe the fact that we travel every year for Turkey day and Christmas or maybe I just wanted to try something new, but for whatever reason, at the age of 33, I had the pleasure of hosting my very first Christmas dinner. I had complete confidence in this endeavor for two very good reasons: my mom and my mother-in-law. They were both here for the holiday and I knew that with their help dinner would go smoothly- and it did. We kept the menu easy with only a few experimental items and it was great.

My mom stirring up some gravy

G'Ma S, G'Ma T, and little Chief getting it all ready

Our very good friends, Linda and Tony, were able to join us for our Christmas Eve dinner. I was so happy they were able to share the holiday with us. After dinner G'Ma S, G'Pa, Tony and Troy played a rousing game of Hearts. It was great to watch and GMa S came out the winner!
Papa Bear and I decide to join our Christmas gifts to each other this year and we bought a beautiful new table (which you cannot see as it is covered by a table cloth). We all fit comfortably. Had you ever seen our little 32" round glass table we have been dining on for 8 years you would understand our complete and utter joy and having a table that can accommodate our family and friends. I seriously love my new table. I think I will have to have a post just about the table. hmm....

So, after the dinner was over, the dishes washed, the cards played and the coffee drank, we prepared for Santa's arrival. We secured his cookies in a clear plastic bag (so the cat wouldn't eat it), secured his milk in a thermos (so the cat wouldn't knock it over), and wrote a little note to the man in red directing him and his reindeer to the secured said treats. Finally we got the Chief into jammies and into bed. Santa's elves wrapped and sorted gifts and after placing them under the tree treated themselves to a bit of Baily's in coffee. Every good elf should be so rewarded.

3 comments:

Sara H. said...

Your family looks so happy and peaceful. You must have been a great hostess. Your table looks nice even with the tablecloth.

Let's Talk About Our Day said...

I love you...

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Yum. What a beautiful table and I'm jealous of all your help. It's fun finally seeing your mom. She looks so young! What an awesome celebration.