Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tubing

Wheeeee!!!!!!

Last night our friends, The Knights, called to see if we wanted to try a little snow tubing. We said yes! and headed over to the Wirth Winter Rec Area in Minneapolis for a little winter fun. Being that I am in the "family way" we decided it might not be the best idea for me try this, but I had the job of photographer and had a great time doing it. Dawn did not participate in the event either, so we snapped pictures and when we got too cold went into the "Chalet" to warm up, drink hot chocolate, and gossip. Such fun!

Troy had to show off his skills a little : )

I was worried that it might be too scary for Owen. I was wrong. Absolutely wrong. He LOVED it. Apparently my little guy is growing up. Who knew a new fearlessness would show up on the brink of 5?

Gettting ready for the big run!

Happy, happy child!


We have been trying to make the most out of our long winters. Since the only native Minnesotan in our family is Owen, we have decided we should embrace these winter activites the best we can. He is our snow baby for sure. The amount of snow or length of winter never phases him- he loves being outside. So, we are trying new things and getting out as often as we can. We have tried our hands at sledding, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and now tubing. Owen wants to try snow boarding and downhill. So, I'm sure we will be trying those as well. As far as this activity goes it is one we will definately repeat!



1 comment:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Owen got a snowboard for his birthday so send Yeager on over. We'll send them down our back hill. And we should def. go tubing again... well, next time I should join you, I mean.