Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving in Atlanta


Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we flew to Atlanta to spend time with G'Ma and G'Pa. We had a fantastic dinner! Turkey, mash, sweet potoatoes, salads, pumpkin pies, oh my! Did I mention the appitizers? Shrimp, crab dip, brie, nuts, crackers, and more I have forgotten! I swear to you we ate for days!!! Not only was dinner fantastic the cold turkey sandwiches the next day were divine. Is there any thing tastier? My only complaint is that we did indeed eventually run out of food. I suppose the culinary joys of this eat-fest had to come to a close sometime.

Aunt Barb, Aunt Judy, Cousin Allie, Cousin Brian and g'friend Allison, and Aunt D'arcy were all there to join in the feast. People came in from St. Louis, New York City, Saint Paul, and Chicago.

The weather was beautiful on Thanksgiving and we had a smooth flight experience. Of course, the weather turned on us for the rest of our trip. It rained buckets for days after that, but I suppose Atlanta welcomed the water so I can't be too upset.

Dinner table all ready for the feast!

Everyone hanging out inthe family room getting ready to eat!

Great Aunt Brab and Aunt D'arcy doing a little cooking


We also got to celebrate Aunt Barb's 60th birthday! Happy Birthday, Barb!!

I have loads more photots and I will break them up into different posts. I didn't want to overwhelm you with a gigantic holiday thread. Stay tuned!

No comments: